Chocolate lava cake recipe, as per Kian's request..
These are the ingredients to make 4 cakes in ramekins:
6 oz. Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate (or use your favorite 70% dark chocolate bar)
6 oz. Butter (diced, room temperature)
1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
1/3 cup Flour
Butter for Ramekins
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees (Farenheit)
- Beat the sugar and eggs until they begin to whiten, set aside
- In a double-boiler (I use a little fondue pot that I have) melt the chocolate. Make sure to do this on a low flame, because it burns easily
- Stir in the diced butter until it melts, and take it off the heat
- Stir the melted chocolate into the egg/sugar mixture, and when that is blended, add the flour
- Butter the ramekins, and bake for about 10 minutes
* I find that baking for about 12 minutes works best to get the outside cooked enough that you can get them out of the ramekins without losing any of it on the dish. Don't forget that when you take them out of the oven they'll continue to bake a little, so you don't want to overdo it because then you'll just have chocolate cake (which is also delicious!) Enjoy!